Hello and welcome to the CardMaker and Clearsnap blog hop! These 2 awesome teams have joined up today to showcase IZINK Pigment Ink Paints – a French product that is being distributed in the states through Clearsnap.
If you ended up here by happy accident or if you happen to get lost along the way, please visit the CardMaker magazine blog for a complete list of the blogs participating in this hop.
I put together this fun birthday card inspired by one of my favorite episodes of Parks & Rec by painting on the IZINK with a paintbrush and diluting it a bit with water. The paints are mostly opaque and have a beautiful shimmery/pearl finish – similar to a clam or oyster shell. You can paint them, spray them, blend them and more. The bottles are made from sturdy glass and have a cute little dropper that applies the ink. I especially love how the colors look on a glossy coated paper!
1. Ink up Rollagraph Simple Dots with a gray dye ink and apply to background – I used Colorbox Archival Dye Ink in Seattle Sky.
2. Spray a few splatters of IZINK onto the card. I already had some colors mixed up in the IZINK spray bottlef from another project – Caviar, Silver, Turquoise, Topaz, Volibulis and Avocado. Allow to dry (it happens quickly) or heat set.
3. With a wet paintbrush, paint brushstrokes with IZINK in shades of Mango, Orchid, Tulip, and Tomato. Paint over all the brushstrokes with one final layer of translucent Opaline – I just love the way the colors layer!
4. Die cut branches and paint with Topaz, Turquoise, Silver and Avocado. You can blend the colors beforehand or add them one by one.
5. Add embellishments and adhere to card.
I am so excited for you to try this ink – you are going to love it!! Check the Clearsnap blog for details on winning a set of IZINK Pigments for your very own. I also have an extra set of IZINK’s that I’d love to send to one of you! Please just leave a comment here letting me know you are interested.
Next up on the hop is the fabulous Tami Sanders!